Saturday, September 1, 2018

I have some news (and a story about my grandma):

The DNC demolished our August grassroots fundraising goal -- this past month was our best in nearly 4 years, and was the most money we've raised online in August in our organization's history

DemocratsJoin us.
Friend --

Hi, I'm Patrick, and I oversee the grassroots fundraising program at the DNC. But what I want to do today is tell you a little bit about my grandma Joyce.

(Stick with me for a minute.)

My grandma is 94 years old and has been a loyal DNC donor for decades. For as long as I can remember, she's had a framed photo of Bill Clinton hanging up in her house, thanking her for her support. She is not a rich woman -- she's a retired public-school teacher who still lives in the same house she and my grandpa bought with help from FDR's G.I. Bill after my grandpa served in World War II.

She's just a loyal Democrat who chips in a few dollars whenever she can to help elect people to office who will fight for a better future for her grandkids.

I wouldn't ask my grandma to support anything I didn't firmly believe in -- and I wouldn't ask you to, either.

The staff at the DNC believes in what we're doing as a party. We believe that the new investments the DNC is making in grassroots organizing at the state and local levels are the best way to rebuild our party. And we believe that the best way to rebuild the Democratic Party is from the ground up through grassroots support -- our party is healthier when we're supported by people like you.

Which is why I am proud to share some incredible news with you: The DNC demolished our August grassroots fundraising goal -- in fact, this past month was our best in nearly four years and was the most money we've raised online in August in our organization's history!

That's so, so important because the DNC is a majority grassroots-funded organization -- 58% of our organization's fundraising this cycle has been from supporters giving $200 or less. People like you. People like my grandma. That surprises a lot of people, but it shouldn't. The DNC is receiving more of its resources from grassroots supporters this year than we have in any year since we re-elected Barack Obama.

98% of DNC donations are $200 and under. $54 average donation to the DNC. 65%  increase in supporters making a monthly sustaining contribution this year. 45% of 2017-18 DNC grassroots donors who donated for the first time this cycle

This is my second stint at the DNC, and I don't mind telling you that when I came back here last year, this organization was in pretty rough shape. In the months since, I've watched this place completely transform -- we've been able to hire incredibly bright people to do innovative, exciting work, and it's paying off in the field. Our team is able to provide critical tools, trainings, and resources to campaigns and state parties across the country -- resources that they need to win this November. That's only been possible with support from people like you.

If we win this November, it will be because of people like my grandma Joyce -- people like you -- who fought back to transform our party and our country. Thank you so much.

-PS

Patrick Stevenson
Director of Grassroots Fundraising
Democratic National Committee











If you no longer wish to receive emails from the DNC, submit this form to unsubscribe.

If you’d only like to receive our most important messages, sign up to receive less email.

This email was sent to awolofa@yorkteaparty.org. If this isn't your preferred email address, update your contact information. If you’re ready to elect Democrats in all 50 states, make a contribution today. This organization is powered by you, and we'd love to hear your ideas. Just reply to this email to send any comments, criticisms, or feedback. Our community management team reads every message from supporters like you. Thanks for supporting our party!

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not tax deductible. Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, www.Democrats.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment