Sunday, April 29, 2012

Join me at the rally with the President

Obama - Biden
Friend --

I'm Lois, the neighborhood team leader for Team East Henrico, just outside of Richmond.

The supporters I've heard from here can't stop talking about the big news:

On Saturday, May 5th, President Obama is holding one of his first public rallies of the campaign in none other than Richmond. First Lady Michelle Obama will also be there.

Thousands of supporters have already RSVP'd, but the campaign has reserved special tickets to make sure volunteers like you and me get the chance to be a little closer to the action.

Here's how it works: Just sign up to volunteer at a phone bank in Newport News this week, and you'll get a free ticket for our Volunteer Priority Access section at the rally.

Sign up now and save your spot. Here are the details:

What: Phone bank in Newport News

Where: 11717 Jefferson Ave Suite B
Newport News, VA 23606

When: Thursday, May 3rd
5:00 pm

RSVP now

I voted for President Obama in 2008, but wasn't able to get involved back then. I didn't want to sit on the sidelines this time around, so I started volunteering last summer and became a team leader in February. I'm so excited to be working for the President, and I can't wait to see him this weekend -- but most importantly, I'm glad I'll be sharing this experience with my team. It's the perfect way to gear up for a summer of organizing.

This rally is going to be huge, one of the first of this election. We're going to have a chance to see President Obama in his element -- because this President loves getting out there and connecting with the people who are building this movement on the ground.

I got to see the President speak last summer in Richmond, and I can tell you, a view from up close is more than worth the time it takes to make some phone calls. And this phone bank will be time well spent.

Volunteer at a phone bank in Newport News and get your priority access ticket:

http://va.barackobama.com/Virginia-Volunteer-for-a-Ticket


See you at the rally,

Lois

Lois Widmeyer
Neighborhood Team Leader
East Henrico, Virginia

-----
Can't make it to this event? Help grow the campaign now by making a donation.

Paid for by Obama for America

Contributions or gifts to Obama for America are not tax deductible

This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org

Update address | Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment