Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Last night



Friend --

Last night, I ​spoke​ directly with the American people about what I believe we can get done together this year.

My priorities are strengthening the middle class and ensuring our economy is rebounding for the whole country, not just the powerful few. I laid out a vision of middle-class economics, to help build on the progress of the past six years and make sure American families can get ahead in the 21st century. That means fighting to expand paid sick leave, helping any student willing to work hard get an affordable education, and cutting taxes for middle-class families ​by eliminating wasteful tax loopholes.

The new Congress has been on the job for two weeks, and they've given us a good look at where they want to take the country, too -- they've moved quickly to try to roll back our progress on everything from immigration to health care.

I believe Americans are tired of the political back and forth. People want to see an agenda that moves us​ all forward.

If that's something you agree with, OFA is asking you to do your part today. It's never been more important to take a stand.

This morning, I begin the fourth quarter of my presidency. ​As long as there's time on the clock, I'll be doing everything I can.

I hope you will, too:

http://my.barackobama.com/Do-Your-Part-Today

Thank you,

Barack Obama

P.S. -- The Vice President is getting on the phone for an off-the-record conversation with OFA supporters at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time today to talk more about our plans for the year ahead. You won't want to miss what Joe has to say -- RSVP here to reserve your spot on the call.












Paid for by Organizing for Action.

Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.

This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org.
If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here. We believe that emails are a vital way to stay in direct contact with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 618120 Chicago, IL 60661

No comments:

Post a Comment