Saturday, March 3, 2012

Join me for dinner?

Friend --

What a blessing. Two days ago I learned I'm going to have dinner with President Obama.

I guess I should finally start listening to my father, Milton (he's 86 years old).

He always taught me that when you give, you receive.

"Janet," my dad said, "You gotta start supporting President Obama. Support your politicians. Support the President, so that your voice can be heard."

"I do support the President," I told him.

"Prove it."

Well, here I am.

I'm telling you this because the campaign is picking the next guest in a few hours -- and I hope my story inspires you to add your name to mine.

Join me by donating $3 or whatever you can to help the campaign and be automatically entered to win Dinner with Barack.

The truth is, I don't usually enter these kinds of things. I gave $25 last week in response to an email from the campaign, but not for one second did I think my name would be drawn.

I donated because I want a president who cares enough about his supporters to sit down for a meal, just like we do in our own families.

And because I was anxious to support the President's campaign. It was my time to give.

I hope you'll join me at the table with President Obama. As I mentioned, they're picking the next guest tonight:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Picking-at-Midnight

And mind your parents, people. It pays off.

- Janet






















No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Winners will be selected throughout the promotion. Entries must be received by 2/22/12, 3/3/12, 3/18/12, and 3/31/12 to be eligible for each successive drawing. You may enter by contributing to Sponsor here or click here to enter without contributing. Four winners will each receive the following prize package: one round-trip ticket from within the fifty U.S. States, DC, or Puerto Rico to a destination to be determined by the Sponsor; hotel accommodations for one; and dinner with President Obama on a date to be determined by the Sponsor (approximate combined retail value $1,150). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.
Paid for by Obama for America

Contributions or gifts to Obama for America are not tax deductible

This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org

Update address | Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment