Saturday, July 30, 2016

My favorite moment with President Obama

Organizing for Action
Diane --

I'm sure many of us have at least one favorite moment from being a part of this movement. This one is mine:

President Obama signs the Affordable Care Act.

This was when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. I was right there in the room. This was the moment I realized that I was a part of something much bigger than myself -- I was a part of a movement that was changing the lives of millions of my fellow Americans for the better, and pushing for a better, more hopeful future.

It was an almost surreal experience. I knew right then and there that President Obama had inspired more than just hope and change, he had inspired people to get involved in their communities so they could determine the kind of country we would have. This movement and the idea that individuals have the power to change their communities -- to change the world -- through dialogue and grassroots organizing, still inspires me today.

I know I'm not alone on this -- that's why OFA is putting together a little grassroots gesture for President Obama's birthday.

Add your name to OFA's birthday card for the President and then share a message about how he or this movement has inspired you.

Birthday cards are a simple way of saying thanks to someone who matters to you. So, take this opportunity to say thank you to a leader -- an organizer -- who is fighting every day, year-in and year-out, for the kind of change you and I care so much about.

Join me and other OFA supporters in sending your birthday wishes to the Organizer-in-Chief -- sign OFA's card today:

https://my.barackobama.com/Watching-History-Unfold

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Finkenbinder
Proud OFA Alumnus
















Paid for by Organizing for Action

Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.


This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org.
If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here. We believe that emails are a vital way to stay in direct contact with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 618120 Chicago, IL 60661

No comments:

Post a Comment