Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Re: Until the day I leave this office



I wanted to make sure you saw this, Diane.

President Obama is right: The work we're doing at the grassroots level has never mattered more.

Election Day is behind us, and the fight for change is in our hands.

Add your name right now -- and let us know you're on board:

http://my.barackobama.com/Lets-Go

Thanks,

Sara

----------ORIGINAL MESSAGE----------
From: Barack Obama
Subject: Until the day I leave this office

Friend --

Two years: That's all the time I have left as your president.

I know what I'm going to be fighting for until I leave this office.

And the work you do now with OFA -- whatever it is that you choose to fight for -- will define what we can achieve together in that time.

So let's go. If it's raising the minimum wage for hard-working Americans or fixing our broken immigration system that fires you up, I need you to stand up for it. If it's gun violence prevention, speak out. If it's marriage equality, or women's rights, or getting serious about fighting climate change, your voice is needed like never before.

The elected officials I'll work with in the last two years of my presidency need to be reminded that people like you aren't going away.

They need to know you won't let the special interests in Washington drown out the voices of Americans who want to drive our country forward. That's what OFA was built to do.

So today, I'm asking directly: Will you commit to finish what you started with OFA?

I want to be clear about this: The difference you make isn't theoretical -- what you choose to do has a concrete impact.

When it comes to health care reform and the effort to help Americans across the country get covered in the months ahead, the role you play will be life-changing for real people. I've seen it.

Because of you, and groups like OFA, the face of American politics is fundamentally different today. You've changed what it means to get involved, and you've redefined how power is built.

Last week's election doesn't change that -- it just makes your job all the more critical.

With or without help from Congress, I'm not done making real change for the American people. And I bet you aren't, either.

Let's hear it:

http://my.barackobama.com/Lets-Go

Thank you,

Barack Obama














Paid for by Organizing for Action.

Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.

This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org.
If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here. We believe that emails are a vital way to stay in direct contact with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 618120 Chicago, IL 60661

No comments:

Post a Comment