Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Stand up and add your voice



Diane --

Last night, I gave my final State of the Union address. As I was preparing it, I couldn't help but think of the road we've traveled together these last seven years -- and the remarkable things you've done to make change happen.

The people I've met and the stories you've shared -- that's what keeps me going. And it's why I'm more optimistic about the year ahead than I've ever been.

What makes America great has always been our capacity to change for the better. Our ability to come together as one American family, and keep perfecting our union. It's hard to see sometimes in the day-to-day noise of Washington, but that's who we are.

OFA is one of the groups that's going to keep fighting for change on the most important issues -- say you'll join the fight.

Since I took office seven years ago in the midst of crisis, we've made remarkable progress together: millions more Americans with health insurance, a global agreement to tackle climate change, unprecedented private-sector job growth, historic victories for equality across the country.

But in the year ahead, I want to focus on the big things that will guarantee an even stronger, more prosperous America for our kids. Those three words that start our Constitution -- "We the People" -- insist that we rise and fall together. We make choices together that move our country forward. We don't have to agree on everything, but change only happens when people participate.

It all starts with getting involved in the work of civic engagement. In the America we believe in, we create the kind of change we seek. However slow, however harshly challenged at each point, we know we can do it.

I hope you'll join OFA, and commit to continuing this work:

https://my.barackobama.com/Lets-Get-To-Work-In-2016

Thanks,

Barack Obama

















Paid for by Organizing for Action.

Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.

This email was sent to: awolofa@yorkteaparty.org.
If that is not your preferred email address, you can update your information here. We believe that emails are a vital way to stay in direct contact with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages.
Organizing for Action, P.O. Box 618120 Chicago, IL 60661

No comments:

Post a Comment