Sunday, March 22, 2015

This was (and is!) a big thing:

DemocratsJoin us.
Diane --

Surviving breast cancer is a lot more important than being diagnosed with it. Because I'm a survivor in a unique position -- one where I can try to make our country's health care system better, more fair, and less discriminatory for my children and for countless Americans across the country.

That's why I'm so proud of Obamacare. I'm proud to support it, and I'm proud to fight for it -- and I hope you are, too. Tomorrow marks the five-year anniversary of Obamacare becoming the law of the land, and I hope you'll add your name to say that you stand with thousands of fellow Democrats in your commitment to keep fighting for Obamacare:

http://my.democrats.org/5-Years-of-Obamacare

Our doctors and nurses are good, hard-working people who get up every day to help others. I met a lot of them while I was undergoing my treatment, and I'm so grateful to all of them for their skill and their encouragement. But I also recognize that I was lucky, because I had good health insurance. For others, there were a lot of critical, exploitive flaws in the way the industry was run from the very top -- like insurers refusing to cover folks with pre-existing conditions, like discrimination against women, like high costs for preventive treatment and medication. Obamacare has taken big steps that have solved many of these problems.

Five years later, this law is helping millions of Americans -- just over 16 million, in fact, have gained coverage due to Obamacare -- and that makes a real impact in the lives of their families and their friends. If Democrats commit to protecting this law, we will work to make sure that no one, ever again, has to worry that a serious illness will leave them unable to afford their home.

Thanks for taking the time to read this -- I know it's a long email! But I want you to know just how far we've come, because it's really incredible.

Let's keep fighting,

Debbie

Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Chair
Democratic National Committee























Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington DC 20003 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to awolofa@yorkteaparty.org. If this isn't the best email address at which to reach you, update your contact information. Our email list is the best way we have of staying in regular contact with supporters like you across the country and letting you know about the work President Obama and other Democrats are doing. If you like staying in touch, but want to receive only the most important messages, click here. Click here to unsubscribe from our supporter list, but if you leave, it will be harder for you to stay involved in the organization that you've been such a critical part of. This organization is powered by you, and we'd love to hear your ideas. Send us any comments, criticisms, or feedback here, or just reply to this email! Thanks for supporting President Obama and other Democrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment