Friday, September 23, 2016

re: Veterans and working families

Diane --

Twelve years ago, I was wounded while copiloting a Black Hawk helicopter over Iraq.

I started that day doing what I loved. I ended it knocked down -- surviving only because my buddies refused to leave me. Eleven days later, I woke up with a debt I can never repay.

I still wake up every morning trying to be worthy of my buddies and their struggle.

I'm running for the U.S. Senate to make the most of this miraculous second chance and to continue the mission I began twelve years ago at Walter Reed: championing veterans and working families.

Add your name now to join my campaign.

My family and I had been knocked down before. My dad, a proud Marine, lost his job in his fifties. For a time, Dad did odd jobs, Mom took in sewing, I got a minimum-wage job. We relied on food stamps to help us get by.

Thanks to Pell Grants, work study, affordable student loans, and lots of waitressing, I fulfilled my dream of college.

My story is not unique. It's a story about why this is the greatest nation on earth -- a nation that so many are willing to die defending. A nation that says if you keep working hard, we won't abandon you.

We must embrace the notion that lifting one another up doesn't cost nearly as much as leaving other Americans behind. Add your name now to help me continue defending the basic values that make America great in the U.S. Senate:

http://my.democrats.org/Join-Tammy-Duckworth

Thank you,

Tammy



































 

Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington DC 20003 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to awolofa@yorkteaparty.org. If this isn't the best email address at which to reach you, update your contact information. Our email list is the best way we have of staying in regular contact with supporters like you across the country and letting you know about the work President Obama and other Democrats are doing. If you like staying in touch, but want to receive only the most important messages, click here. Click here to unsubscribe from our supporter list, but if you leave, it will be harder for you to stay involved in the organization that you've been such a critical part of. This organization is powered by you, and we'd love to hear your ideas. Send us any comments, criticisms, or feedback here, or just reply to this email! Thanks for supporting President Obama and other Democrats.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment